Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes urinary incontinence during the day>

Question
I HAVE A SLIGHT PROBLEM WITH A WEEPING BLADDER. NOW i DONT NEED TO GET UP DURING THE NIGHT.I RETIRE TO BED AT MINNIGHT AND SLLEEP USUALLY UNTIL 9 AM SELDOM NEEDING TO USE THE BATHROOM. BUT DURING THE DAYTIME I FIND IF I DONT GO TO THE TOILET QUICKLY I AM INCLINED TO DRIP NOT MUCH BUT UNCOMFORTABL NO PAIN NO BLEEDING NO CONSTIPATION IAM 82 YEARS MALE
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Futher tests advised for proper diagnosis... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have your medical history and understood your concerns. I am glad to know that you are not having problems when sleeping. With regards to the uncomfortable feeling while urinate, it might be related to possible uro-genital problems, commonly occurring at your age. I suggest to run further tests to identify your real problem: - abdominal ultrasound - urine analyses - PSA Depending on the test results, specific treatment will be prescribed. Meanwhile, I advise to: - drink more water - take uva ursi, cranberry supplements - avoid salty, sugary, spicy, citrus foods - avoid caffeine/energetic drinks until improvement. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana