What causes urethra bleeding?
User rating for this question
My urethra is bleeding. It is not a lot. I just saw a gynecologist, she recommends a D&C. If cancer is not found in the uterus,then she said she would turn me over to a urologist. I am wondering if it could be caused by an infection and I need an antibiotic now and not until after the D&C which could not be until 7 to 10 days. Also, what could be causing the bleeding
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Increased odds for malignancy Detailed Answer: Good day XXXX Thank you for asking. I am Dr S Khan and i would like to help you with your issue of urethral / vaginal bleeding. XXXX age of 75 with painless bleeding indicates the likely odds for malignancy. And you doctor is right. Let her do the procedure and decide whether to keep you or hand you over to urologist for further management. Now the antibiotics , UTIs can also present this way you are right but i want you to discuss and ask this from your gynaecologist to help you better understand. You are in safe hands so no worries. Lets wait for a week and do as directed by doctors. Hope this answer finds you in good faith.I will be here if you need any follow ups. Please close the discussion and take a very good care of yourself. Regards Dr S Khan
People also viewed
- Diagnosis of Solid tumors
- What causes itching in the urethra
- What causes blockage in the urethra
- What is the cause of pain in urethra
- Diagnosis of Pseudohypoparathyroidism
- Is unusual tiredness and weakness a side effect of albenza?
- What could cause bleeding from urethra
- Diagnosis of Pressure palsies
- What causes an itchy urethra
- Is unusual bleeding or bruising a side effect of arthrotec?
- Diagnosis of Devic disease
- Is general body swelling a side effect of augmentin es-600?
- Symptoms of Septicemic shock
- What are the side effects of albuterol inhalation solution?
- Is blindness or vision changes a side effect of bactrim ds?