What causes upper stomach distension after eating?

What causes upper stomach distension after eating. I had a tummy tuck 7 years ago. Every time i eat even a little i get huge swelling up top. Also palps when breathing in. Also nodules that appear on my shins every few months.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later
Brief Answer: need more details Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX It is normal to have mild upper stomach distension after eating due to filling of the stomach and the oesophagus. However, moderate to massive distension suggests pre-existing gas formation in the stomach that makes it to bloat up prior to eating, and when you eat you feel more distension. So, the cause could be due to excess gas and acid production in the stomach. You have had a tummy tuck surgery 7 years ago. Could you please share the operative notes of it? We need to know the details of the surgery to comment better. Following these kind of procedures, the space in the stomach is reduced, thereby causing fullness and distension. If you have undergone a gastric bypass surgery, this can be expected. The palpitations and the nodules are separate problems and not related to the primary problem. They need separate evaluation. I would be glad to discuss further on this. Regards,
Follow-up: What causes upper stomach distension after eating? 7 hours later
Hi :-) I dont have a report but the surgery involved a bit of lipo, muscle tightening and umbilicalplasty. Was a hard recovery. Even a drink of water causes my upper tummy to swell. Above my belly button. It causes chest pain too that mimics a heart attack radiating down my arm and to my jaw. Ive had my heart checked and it was fine.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 27 hours later
Brief Answer: post surgery effects possible Detailed Answer: Hello, Sorry for my late reply; I was unwell. It seems like the surgery has taken a toll on you. There might be some constriction or obstruction in the stomach following the surgery. I do agree that it is not your heart. I would suggest you to undergo an ultrasound scan of the whole abdomen to look for strictures if any. It is better for you to get back to the doctor who operated you, and discuss about complications if any. Get well soon.