What causes unusual swelling outside rib cage whcih feels thin cord or a small vein?
User rating for this question
Hi. I have a very unusual swelling OUTSIDE of my left rib cage. It feels like a thin cord, or a small vein (there is no discernable pulse in it). It runs VERTICALLY from above the left middle of my breast (I am male, 55) down nearly to, or all the way to, the bottom of my rib cage. It has been tender for about 3-4 days in the area, only today finally spotted this vein-like or cord-like structure, and that this is where the tenderness is centered. Any idea what this might be? Anything Emergency Room, or not likely? Thanks Look, I do not need this "peer reviewed," just a rapid response is most important. It's 3 a.m. and I'd rather just go to sleep and deal with it in the morning, but do not want to if it is potentially XXXXXXX and I ought to go to the ER. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the query I will like to tell you that it will not be possible to give you the exact diagnosis but the description that you are giving the cord and vein like structure that is tender can be a sign of phlebitis that is inflammation of veins . In my opinion if it is not increasing rapidly and the pain is bearable , there is no fever which should be the case then you can wait till morning and need not go to ER at this time . Take care. Dr. Shruti
People also viewed
- Is vomiting a side effect of nafarelin?
- Pimple in childs ear oozing brown
- Is dizziness a side effect of zaleplon?
- What causes cramps in rib cage
- Brown mucous in urine in child
- Is leg pain a side effect of atenolol?
- Spider veins on the rib cage causes
- Is fever a side effect of ceftriaxone?
- What could cause swelling and pain in the rib cage
- Causes of brown saliva
- Causes purple veins on rib cage
- Brown thick sputum chronic rhinisinisitus
- Is dry mouth a side effect of tofranil?
- What causes soreness in rib cage
- Brown worm in child stool