What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks?

Question
My right side eye is twitching same sude neck is paining and but ear pain n swollen cheek pls help me
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: multiple problems could be co-existing Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You seem to have multiple problems that may be related to each other. First, the eye twitching with same side neck pain, then the ear pain and swollen cheek. Do you have any problem within the mouth like a teeth problem or an abscess? In such cases, the pain is referred to ear and cheek. Or, it can be a mild facial palsy in the initial stages that is associated with twitching of the eyes and neck pain. Your symptoms do not point towards any one particular medical condition. It would be better if you get yourself examined by your primary care physician. A careful physical examination by your doctor can conclude on the cause and treat you accordingly. Please let me know if there is any other significant symptom along with this, and also about your age to help you better. Awaiting your response. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 4 minutes later
I hafd got oral trush 2 weeks before coz of i hd take abbocoliin tht is pencillin oral trush is almost gone and right side is swollen bit sore throat attxched are the pics

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: middle ear infection and/or sore throat Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the details and the pictures. Yes, there is an obvious swelling on the right side of the face. It seems like it is due to middle ear infection or the sore throat. Since you have just completed the course of penicillin, there is no need to repeat the antibiotic now. I would suggest you to get your ear examined along with throat for a local infection that can be treated. Meanwhile, you can keep hot compresses locally on the right side of the face to reduce the swelling. Take simple anti-inflammatory medicines like Acetaminophen for faster recovery. If throat infection is detected, warm saline gargling with lukewarm water and salt will help. In your case, it would be ideal to be examined by a doctor and conclude on the diagnosis. Hope this helps you. Get well soon.

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 7 minutes later
Its been 3 weeks i hv stopped n from last2 weeks hd got trush is it tht hv gt renal disinfection

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: renal infection unlikely Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX No, renal infection is unlikely in your case. It would present with more serious symptoms like difficulty in passing urine. In my view, it is more of a local infection of either the ear or the throat. This needs to be treated. Do not worry about renal infection, it is not that. Regards,

Wt u think it is??

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: middle ear infection or throat infection Detailed Answer: Hi, I think it is either middle ear infection or throat infection that is causing the swelling. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 44 hours later
Is my nail color normal

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: unable to comment Detailed Answer: Hi, I am sorry, I do not see your nail to comment on its color. You may want to post a picture of the same.

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 12 minutes later
Sorey forgot attach here it is

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, it is normal Detailed Answer: Hi, I have seen the picture uploaded. The nail color is normal. nothing to worry.

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 0 minute later
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 0 minute later
Brief Answer: you are welcome Detailed Answer: Happy weekend!

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 1 hour later
N happy diwali to u n ur family

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diwali wishes to you as well Detailed Answer: Hi, Happy Diwali to your family and you as well.

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 4 days later
Beacuse of wisdom tooth do we get ear pain n throat pain???

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, of course Detailed Answer: Hello, Hope you are doing better now. Yes, it is indeed possible to get ear pain and throat pain due to wisdom tooth as well. This is a very common occurrence. Not only due to wisdom tooth, any tooth problems like decay, cavities, gum infection can present with ear and throat pain. Hope this helps you. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 44 minutes later
Mo cavities i went to c dentist he said got wisdom tooth on top n bottom n it is covered wid gums he said no cavities n no tooth decay as well. He took x ray of mouth. So wanted to know due to wisdom tooth can get throat pain or ear pain n it gets after i eat something sweet

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, it is possible Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You seem to have wisdom tooth on both top and bottom jaws that is covered with gums. This can cause intense pain and swelling in the throat and ear, especially after eating sweets. Please get back to your dentist and check if a slit can be made on the gums that are covering the wisdom tooth. Take care.

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 11 hours later
N i hv gt these pores thing on my hand is this normal its on elbow side very little

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later
Brief Answer: yes, it is normal Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Having these pores on the elbow is normal. It is due to lack of sweat glands in that area that make the elbows dry and cause the pores. You can apply effective moisturizer like Nivea cream to reduce it. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 11 minutes later
Thank u

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX It's my pleasure. You can write to me any time. Take care!

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 25 hours later
I have got Dull yellow patches on back throat above tonsils it is serious or due to cold. I am worried trush has gone but this thing not going and getting bit pain in right side cheek bone m so much worried

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later
Brief Answer: re-evaluation is required Detailed Answer: Hi, The dull yellow patches could be due to bacterial infection. It is not serious though. It would be ideal to get a re-evaluation of your throat by an ENT surgeon, so that we can confirm on the cause and treat it accordingly. It is also possible that it can be recurrent thrush. Either ways, a direct examination of your throat would solve the problem. Hope this helps.

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 2 minutes later
Attached r pics of my throat/ back or rood n is my tingue normal pls reply soon m too worried

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 hours later
Brief Answer: seems like bacterial infection Detailed Answer: Hi, I have seen the uploaded images. The ones on the nose appear to be like folliculitis or bacterial skin infection. You can apply topical Soframycin ointment twice daily for a week for the same. The image of the throat, shows some stains in the roof along with a mild bacterial infection or pharygitis. Since you have taken a recent course of antibiotics, you need not repeat it again now. Take multivitamin supplements that are available over the counter like Zincovit or Becosules for about 3 weeks. The lesion in the throat would subside then. Also, consider doing hexidine mouth gargle thrice daily to prevent such infections. Please do not worry; this is not serious condition. Get well soon.

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 3 minutes later
I bought this mouth wash c the ingredients below it has got hexodine pls help n reply soon

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: you can use it Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, you can very well use the mouth wash that contains Hexidine. Let me know if you have more queries.

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 1 minute later
But u sure nothing serious n because of tht can get ear pain??

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, I am sure Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I am sure this is nothing serious and this is the cause for the ear pain. Follow my earlier suggestions, and you would recover quickly. Regards,

Thanks

Brief Answer: you are welcome Detailed Answer: Happy weekend!

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 minute later
Brief Answer: thank you too Detailed Answer: take care!

Sorry to bother u again is there any food to avoid like dairy products or anything

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: detailed below Detailed Answer: Hi, Avoid too hot and too cold foods. Avoid spicy and oily food. Bland diet would best suit you now like Porridge, oats, and plain dal rice. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 22 hours later
Can i take difflam or strepsils for bacterial infecrion

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 26 hours later
Brief Answer: yes, you can take Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Sorry for my delayed response, was on weekend holiday. Yes, you can take both Difflam and strepsils for the bacterial infection. Get well soon.

Its alrite hipe u hd gr8 weekend and other thing i wanted to ask wt multivitamin i can take as the ones u mentioned i cant get here in sydney can i take feefol as it says iron n folic acid or any other

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: any multivitamin available OTC is fine Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Any multivitamin that is available over the counter (OTC) would be fine. An Example is Centrum advance tablet. You could request the pharmacist to give you any multivitamin that is available with him. It should contain B complex vitamins with Vitamin C. Feefol contains iron and folic acid. This is not required for you. Take care!

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 5 minutes later
Ok thank u

Brief Answer: my pleasure Detailed Answer: Great week ahead!

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 21 hours later
How many times a day i hv to tk centrum

Brief Answer: once daily Detailed Answer: Hello, You must take the tablet Centrum or any other multivitamin just once daily, any time after food. Good day ahead!

Just one

Brief Answer: yes, one tablet a day Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Yes, it is to be taken one tablet a day, anytime as you wish, after food. Hope it is clear to you.

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 3 hours later
I found same yellow dull thing under tongue is it normal plz reply soon

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, it is normal Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Yes, it is normal. It should go away soon with the multivitamin supplements. Maintain oral hygiene as well. Regards,

I am using tht mouth wash thrice a day but getting bad taste in mouth. Can u check this pic has it improved thn before the pic i sent you before

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, it has improved Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, it is getting better. Continue to use the mouth wash. Nothing to worry.

Check this one

Brief Answer: this is normal too Detailed Answer: Hi, This is normal as well. It is showing signs of healing.

Thanks ur the only m consulting thts y keep on messaging u

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: you are welcome anytime Detailed Answer: Hi, You can ask me any time. It would be my pleasure to help you.

Hi according to u how many days it wl take to recover pls reply soon

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: within 2 weeks Detailed Answer: Hello, Hope you are doing better. It should recover within 2 weeks and not more than that. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 16 hours later
I got my results of Tsh its 0.001 n sugar levels r too good its just 4 iron levels r low. One more m cleaning my tongue in afternoon the white thing is coming is it normal n i hv gt bad taste as well in my mouth is it normal

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: please upload the reports Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I would like to take a complete look at the tests that you have undergone. Please upload all the reports, the thyroid test, sugar levels, and all that you have undergone. I would like to give you a specific response after going through the entire test report. Regarding the other problem, yes, it is normal that the white thing is coming out. The bad taste is probably because the the white lesion. If you maintain excellent oral hygiene, this will go away soon. Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 38 minutes later
Attached r my results reply soon

Brief Answer: you need evaluation Detailed Answer: Hello, Your TSH level is very low at 0.01. This needs to be evaluated further at the earliest. The cause of the low TSH has to be found, and treated accordingly. At this point, I suggest you to consult a Thyroid specialist to be able to arrive at the diagnosis and treatment plan. Please do it at the earliest. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes twitching eyes with same side neck pain, ear pain and swollen cheeks? 22 minutes later
Yeah m going to Speciaiist today

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: good luck Detailed Answer: take care!

Is tht bad taste cos it is healing tht white stuff on roof of mouth is healing

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: no, it is not that Detailed Answer: Hi, No, the bad taste is not because of the healing. It is mostly due to retained food particles and bacteria.

So how it will go can u please help me

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: through excellent oral hygiene Detailed Answer: Hi, It will go away only with excellent oral hygiene. You should rinse and floss your teeth after every meal.

Iam n with same mouth wash can it be coz of wisdom tooth??

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: possible Detailed Answer: if it is because of infection in wisdom tooth, then bad taste is expected.

Even centrum can cause bad taste in mouth as its multivitamin I googled

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later
Brief Answer: yes, it does Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, it does. However, it causes some kind of a peculiar taste, the taste of medicine. It is the way you feel it. Take the medicine after food to feel the sensation less.

Yes very bad even water tastes bad n cant taste anything like salt or seeet its just blend taste n it is to b taken wid water or something else

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 24 hours later
Brief Answer: request to you Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I would be out to attend a medical conference, and would not be able to answer you for some time. I request you to close this discussion. Wish you good health.