What causes twitching around the left ribcage?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i have a twitching or spasm in around my left ribcage that is constant
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: These can happen due to Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. From the description provided it seems that you have muscle twitches or fasciculations. These are small, local, involuntary muscle contraction and relaxation arising from the spontaneous discharge of a bundle of skeletal muscle fibers. Fasciculations have a variety of causes, the majority of which are benign. These can happen due to electrolyte imbalances or vitamin B 12 deficiency. Taking electrolyte fluids and vitamin B 12 supplements might resolve your symptoms. Or all these could just be due to some anxiety or stress. In that case it will disappear once you are stress free. Other causes could be, thyroid problem, excessive coffee use, or a nerve entrapment syndrome. The treatment of most of the conditions is very easy and the condition will resolve on its own. In some cases, prescription medications might be needed to stop severe symptoms. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: What causes twitching around the left ribcage? 47 minutes later
thank you very much Doctor.I am under stress and do drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning. However would it make any difference to the diagnosis if I mentioned that when I exercise or perform some of my yoga poses that this area regularly gets really hard and seems to pop out of its position causing me a lot of pain and have to breathe real slow to get it back in to place??!!! Much obliged XXXXXXX
Brief Answer: It all seems to be due to stress. Detailed Answer: Hello mam, I am glad to know that I could address your concern. These doesn't make any difference in diagnosis. It all seems to be due to stress. Do relaxation exercises. You can also try meditation A good sleep is the most important thing that you require A good balanced diet is also helpful which include milk, vegetables and fruits. Warm regards.
Follow-up: What causes twitching around the left ribcage? 8 minutes later
Many kind thanks Doctor.This consultation has helped me to take the extra stress of worrying over my health concerns.You are right about the meditations and enjoying more fresh fruit and vegetables and including gorgeous milk.much obliged. XXXXXXX God Bless you.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: I would appreciate your reviews about this service Detailed Answer: Hi, It's nice to hear from you. Hope this discussion was useful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile WWW.WWWW.WW