Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes torned frenulum after an intercourse?

Jul 2016

Hi, During intercourse, i felt a sharp pull on my foreskin and saw that a tiny bit of skin of the frenulum got torn and propped up and there was just a bit of blood. I'm newly married and had just a couple of intercourse until this happened. What do i need to do. Please suggest.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need to excise the band of adhesion. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had a band of adhesion between frenulum and glans that got torned during intercourse . This usually happens in the begining of sexual life when person who has a band of adhesion between frenulum and glans penis attempts to penetrate vagina during intercourse while vagina is not fully and well lubricated.( Dry rough sex) Please consult qualified General Surgeon or Urologist for clinical examination .You need to get the band excised under local anaesthesia. This is a simple surgery carried out under local anaesthesia as a out patient procedure and offers permanent cure. If you have wound there Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily and apply topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.