What causes toe nails to come off the root?

My toe nails are coming out fully from the root very easily. They are getting unstuck from the nail bed. In last 15 days I have lost 2 toe nails. Nothing is growing nor is there any pain. I find it rather unusual. Is there any deficiency/ anything to be done or is it normal
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 hours later
Brief Answer: You need to seek medical attention... Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand you have a slightly bothering situation here. It is not normal for toe nail to get seperated completely off the nail bed. Further it is unusual to see two incidents happening over the fortnight. Unfortunately without an opportunity to examine the nails under broad light it is extremely difficult to guess the cause. It may be secondary to infection or vascular disturbance. I recommend that you see a doctor preferably a dermatologist at the earliest. Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards