What causes to have pebble poos with jelly mucus and pain between anus and tailbone?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi I have pebble like poos for 3-4 yrs with a jelly mucus that is secreted after and also a pain between anus & tailbone. I feel the sharp pain when im in the shower and if i press the tender area it hurts!!
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. YOur symptoms may be seen in several disorders but some of them may be more serious and you need to do further evaluation. First,it can be just sign of wrong dietary habits or IBD. you should eat high fiber food,more fruit,vegetables,milk products and drink plenty of fluids. However,since it lasts for so long and there is a pain in anal area, I suggest to visit proctologist to rule out perianal abscess or inflammatory bowel diseases( crohn's and ulcerative colitis). To rule out these,you should do colonoscopy and stool analysis. This will verify any serious patology which should be treated then. If colonoscopy is normal,then this is probably IBD. Also,sometimes liver disorder can cause mucous stool so you need to check your liver enzymes and do liver ultrasound. WIsh you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards