What causes to have low potassium?

What causes people to have low potassium? Here is my blood work attached. I also noticed the carbon dioxide level is off too.
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 days later
Brief Answer:
The values is near normal

Detailed Answer:

Both the potassium and the carbon di oxide levels are known to vary time to time. the fluctuation is such that they can sometimes cross the lower or upper limit without any apparent pathology causing it.

Just for your information, conditions causing water loss from the body and poor nutrition are the two main causes for the potassium levels to drop below normal.

Good nutrition, specially consuming bananas which are XXXXXXX in potassium would replenish the deficit.

Need not worry about the Carbondioxide, it pretty normal for it to fluctuate for every second.

Hope, I answered your query.