What causes to have delayed periods when HPT is negative?

Mar 2016

Im 11 days late, The only day I could have concieved was november 14. My last period started october 18 2013. and my cycles are extremly regular I have taken home pregnancy tests and all negative
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: NEED PROPER INVESTIGATION. FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Beside pregnancy, late period has several reasons like hormonal imbalance, over weight, mental stress or emotional upset, Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease, pelvic infection, irregular diet habit etc. However, I suggest you to undergo one blood test for beta-hCG and ultrasound scan (USG) to rule out pregnancy including pelvic pathology if any. Though, you get several negative tests. Some other relevant investigations like hormone test, blood sugar and prolactin level, LH/ FSH etc may be required to pinpoint the diagnosis. Proper treatment depends on diagnosis of the case. Kindly, consult with your gynecologist for clinical evaluation, proper guidance of relevant investigations and prescription. You may need hormonal medication to induce period. In the mean time, you can do the following things to get effective result: 1) Take healthy diet with more green vegetables and IRON supplements. 2) Avoid mental stress by regular meditation or yoga (15 to 30 min). 3) Control body weight by regular physical exercise and avoid fatty foods. 4) Take sound sleep always and maintain genital hygiene properly. Hope, it helps for you. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen