What causes to have burning and red eyes with presence of hollows while seeing bright light?

Question
For the past few days I have had burning eyes that are slightly reddened. For the last 24 hours I have now developed halo's around bright lights, especially at night. Could this just be eye fatigue or something more serious? I have an appointment for Monday but I'm concerned.
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be Conjunctivitis Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day It could possible be due to Conjunctivitis. The diagnosis is more obvious if you have string like or pus like discharge from the eyes. Presence of hollows while seeing bright light could be due to purulent secretion. Possibility of Keratitis is also to be considered. Its important to consult your Opthalmologist at earliest. With the weekend coming up and next appointment being on Monday, i would suggest you to use a Combination of antibiotic + Steroid eye drop like Ciprofloxacin+ Betamethasone.Frequent 2nd hourly instillation is advisable. It will definitely provide you with the much needed relief. Please do not patch the eyes or cover it up. Take Care Do get back to me if you have any other query Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS MD

Follow-up: What causes to have burning and red eyes with presence of hollows while seeing bright light? 2 hours later
Thank you! I dont think I will be able to get those drops without a prescription.. Any over the counter recommendations?

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ciprofloxacin could be available over the counter Detailed Answer: Greetings I would suggest you to get any over the counter antibiotic eye drop, which will really be helpful.I would suggest you to enquire from your local pharmacists and online purchase of same may be available in your country. As per my online search Ciprofloxacin should be available. Do get back to me for any other query. Take care Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS MD

Follow-up: What causes to have burning and red eyes with presence of hollows while seeing bright light? 41 minutes later
Thank you!

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take care Detailed Answer: Take care. Regards, Dr. T. Shobha Deepak