What causes to have aches in hands and arms along with whole body?

Hi I have aches in my hands and arms. My blood feels bad going through my veins but all blood tests I have had are ok. I get a pain in my side as if somebody is prodding me then it feels tender to touch. My whole body does not feel right. This has been going on for six months and doctors not helping. Most recent visit the doctor is referring me to a physio as thinks a trapped nerve but I am nit convinced.
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Have second opinion, these pains are common @40+ Detailed Answer: hello XXXXX! Thank you for asking , i read your query and i am sorry for you troubles. Age related degenerative arthralgias or generalised body aches are very common in your age. You are lucky that your all blood tests have come negative. If you think your doctor is not helping enough you have the right to take second opinion from some other rheumatologist. You need a bit work up to sort out the etiology for 5 to 6 months pains and arthralgias in your extremeties. It is not nothing though. pain is always an alarm of some thing wrong. SO i recommend to seek the help of a rheumatologist and chronic pain management specialist , they will help you further. And regarding physiotherapy. it always help so whether you don't trust your doctor for the word, i say it too that physio therapy always helps. do it too in concomitance with your visits to other two specialties. You need to lose weight, excercise, physical therapy, occupational therapy and unloading therapies to help the pain, A physio therapist would be of great assistance. You can always treat the pain with topical pain killers which are available over the counter. You may take over the counter oral NSAID like ibuprofen whenever the pain is severe. Skeletal muscle relaxants like Tizanidine would give added benefits; but you will require a prescription Good luck and i hope i was of some help. If you have any more query to ask kindly do i would love to, other wise it will be nice of you to close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. Take some very good care of yourself. Regards Dr. S Khan
Follow-up: What causes to have aches in hands and arms along with whole body? 16 hours later
Thank you for your response. It is very much appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 17 hours later
Brief Answer: :) Detailed Answer: You will always be welcomed Miss XXXXXXX Good Luck and thank you very much for the appreciation. Stay in touch and let me know if there is something you need me to help you with. Good Luck and may the odds be always in your favour. Regards Dr. S Khan