What causes tiredness and sore breasts?

Mar 2013
im 40 and me and my hubby are trying to have another baby I had a spotty period in dec that lasted a coulpe of weeks with spotting here and there and a few days of bleeding and missed my it on XXXXXXX have taken 5 hpt and all negative I have had 3 kids so its not my first rodeo but after the first missed pierod the hpt have always been positive.. im very tired my breasts are very acky and tender am I testing to soon or does it change when you get older
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. With 5 negative HPTs, you are not pregnant. That is for sure. You might be testing too soon - cannot really comment as you have not mentioned any dates. The symptoms of tiredness and sore breasts could be indicative of an approaching period. Otherwise, do take a blood B HCG test to be absolutely sure, in conjunction with a pelvic ultrasound scan. With age, what changes is that there could be other reasons for the spotting followed by irregular missed periods - stress, weight gain, medications, late nights, travelling, hypothyroidism, endometrial hyperplasia , setting in of perimenopause, etc. If you are going in for a formal evaluation, please have the hormones measured also - FSH, LH , TSH, Prolactin. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.