What causes tiny bumps in mouth and throat mmaking swallowing difficult and what is the treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a lot of tiny bumps on the roof of my mouth which have spread down my throat. When I touch them, a white residue comes off on my finger. It's beginning to bother me re swallowing. They're going deeper into the back of my throat now.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Likely to be oral thrush Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. From the description it seems to be due to a fungal infection of the oral mucosa which is more commonly seen in diabetics. This is usually recurrent in nature and needs both oral and topical antifungal agents for treatment. You will need to get yourself evaluated by a competent Dentist and get the proper medicines prescribed. A few general measures can help in early recovery and avoid recurrences- 1) Practice good oral hygiene. Do not forget to brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day and especially after every meal. Visit your dentist every 6 months for regular dental cleanings. 2) Don't smoke or use other tobacco products. 3) Eat a healthy diet. Include plenty of fruits and vegetables. whole grains, lean meats and low-fat dairy foods. 4) Reduce stress. Learn some relaxation techniques and exercise. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL