What causes tingling sensation in my hands when suffering from mild anxiety?

I am a healthy 69 year female. My only problem is mild anxiety and 2 total hip replacements. I try to use gym few times a week and my blood pressure is very good. However, I have an uncomfortable tingling sensation in my wrist and hand, right side only. Rarely I get a painfull spam in my wrist,a few times this year. I am also addicted to my laptop. XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. Today, frequent laptop/keyboard use is certainly the norm and many people experience various effects on their health from this. The pain you describe in your wrist, along with your laptop use, is very suspicious for a repetitive motion induced type of process with local inflammation, possibly carpal tunnel syndrome. You might try reducing your laptop use, investing in an ergonomic wrist support for the keyboard, and using a splint on the wrist. Of course, only a physical examination can definitively diagnose what may be causing this condition. If after trying these modifications to your laptop use you find that your symptoms are not improving, or if you experience worsening symptoms, please see your doctor for a proper exam. I commend you on maintaining good health and regular physical activity – keep it up. Sincerely, Dr. G