What causes tingling sensation in my fingers when suffering from anxiety?

I worry about ms. I have very bad health anxiety. All sysmtoms i have seem to change and not all at once. Symptoms i have had Eye pain - few days about a year a go, hasnt happened since Throat felt tight, was told it was globus Tinglinging and sensations in fingers. On off, notice more when anxious Pain in knuckle joint. Mainly pinky finger and index finger. Goes away sometimes when i pop it. Last for a few hours then goes. Sometimes feel stiff. I get so anxious. I asked a dr on here earlier just want 2nd opinion. I am terrifed of ms.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: The symptoms unlikely to be due to MS Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXX Going by your presence of symptoms, i would assure you that its not due to Multiple Sclerosis(MS). Your symptoms are likely to be manifestation of anxiety. I would suggest you the following which will definitely help you in a long way 1. Fisrt and foremost: Get a complete Examination done from your Physician, to assess you clinically, get complete investigation done including Complete blood count, Serum Biochemistry including Serum Calcium level ( decreased calcium level could also present with tingling sensation in hands and feet.). At your young age you are unlikely to have any abnormality or significant alteration in laboratory value. But will definitely be reassuring and will rule out possibility of a) Anaemia b) Hypocalcemia c) Hyperthyroidism( Getting Serum T3, T4 and TSH level). It is important to rule out Hyperthyroidism as cause of anxiety symptoms. If its ruled out the symptoms of anxiety are likely to be stress and pressure related 2. Consume a well balanced diet: Consume 2 - 3 liter of water everyday and high fiber diet( 2 servings of vegetable salad and 2 servings of fresh fruits especially citrus fruits everyday) 3. Adequate Rest and Sleep: Uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep everyday is essential for body and mind to be in equilibrium, failure to do so regularly may affect the mind and may lead to inappropriate handling of stress and irritability. It also leads to bodily symptoms like pain, tingling sensation 3. Avoid tea/coffee/carbonated beverages/alcohol/ caffeinated beverages 4. Meditation and Yoga Your symptoms are unlikely to be due to MS. Rule out Hyperthyroidism as cause of your symptoms in consultation with your Physician. If everything is fine, practising yoga/meditation, well balanced diet, good sleep will bring the much needed relief. In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take Care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD
Follow-up: What causes tingling sensation in my fingers when suffering from anxiety? 16 hours later
Ive gone to my dr, she said it is most likely due to cold weather, poor circulation, and anxiety , which is due to stress and worry
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 minute later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Wishing you a happy and healthy life. . Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak