What causes tingling sensation in head?

I have tingling in my head post VP shunt four months ago. Had a C.T scan yesterday and every thing looked ok. What could be causing this tingling in my head?
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later
Brief Answer: the presence of VP shunt Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX The presence of VP shunt itself can cause tingling in the head. This happens as the procedure is foreign to the body, and sometimes the body or the brain may not accept it. Tingling and headaches are the two common side effects experienced by patients on VP shunt. The causes could be a bleed or infection within the ventricles or the brain secondary to the VP shunt. Since your CT scan turned out normal yesterday, this is not of much worry now. Also, it does not require any active medical intervention at this stage.