What causes tingling in body?

My 14 yr old daughter has had bouts of tingling in her hands and face Today she had a full on attack tingling all over difficulty breathing mouth contorted to one side and back pain Took her to the doctor who was very good and has organised a series of tests But I am very worried Could she have a brain tumour? Thankyou YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would not be worried about brain tumour yet... Detailed Answer: Hi, At the outset, why are you worried about brain tumour? Is there a family history of cancer? Has she had similar episodes in the past? I understand the symptoms that your daughter had was concerning. It may represent a seizure or a metabolic disturbance. Without an opportunity to examine her and review tests done, it isn't an easy task to label the diagnosis. If possible, can you share the test results with me? If not, I would like to know what her doctors opined about the symptoms? How was / is she treated? At this instance, do not look far beyond. There are more chances that this could be something benign and easily manageable than a serious brain tumour. I hope she is alright now. Would be pleased to assist you further within the scope of e-health. Good luck!!!