What causes tingling around the mouth and tremor on chin?

I have recently began to have tingling around my mouth and slight tremor in the chin - I wanted to check it out for possible causes. It is intermittent What is the next step to have a response?
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Check your calcium levels Detailed Answer: Hi Dear, Good day and welcome to health care magic. We need a bit more information. Do you hav any weakness in your hands or legs or any tingling in these areas ? Do you have any headache? There are many possible reasons for your symptoms. Low blood calcium is one of the reasons. Some types of seizures can present like this. SOme nerve problems can also cause these symptoms. So in order to come to a proper diagnosis and work up, first thing to do is a complete medical history and a thorough examination. Please meet your GP to arrange these. I wish you all the best
Follow-up: What causes tingling around the mouth and tremor on chin? 8 hours later
I do not have any other symptoms . . . no headache, weakness or tingling in any other area. The area around my lips and chin feel like the aftermath of Novocaine . . . just when the feeling starts to return after a dental visit.
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Calcium levels Detailed Answer: Hi, I got your point. Usually these symptoms are due to nerve irritation. One of the commonest cause is low calicum levels. You could start by checking your Serum calcium levels. I hope it is a freely available test. Kind regards Binu