What causes tingling and itching sensation in right side of head?
User rating for this question
For over a year, I've had a tingling, itching sensation on the right side of my head. It began about an inch and a half above the right ear and has slowly moved downward. It is now centered in the right ear area. Several times in the past month, I've felt pressure and a burning sensation. What could be causing it? Is it something that should be checked out by a Dr.?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Neuropathy Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help. Itching sensation but without scalp lesions(secretion, redness),skin pathologies as Seborrheic dermatitis or Eczema are unlikely. Pressure, tingling, and burn sensation are common symptoms of nerve irritation (neuropathic pain). Amitriptyline, Carbamazepine or Gabapentin are drugs widely used in the treatment of this condition. Please,go to your local doctor to confirm diagnosis and for prescription. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.
People also viewed
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- When briding deeply my neck veins hurt
- What causes tingling sensation of penis head
- What causes tingling and numbness in right side of body
- Removing steroids effects
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- How to fix shortness of breth
- Side effects of montek lc
- Soft tissue lump around collar brestbone
- Pea sized lump bridge of nose
- Masturbation effect kideny
- Nizoral is more effective or ketomac
- What causes tingling and numbing sensations in right armshoulder
- Lump on bridge of nose
- Ejaculating with nuvaring present