What causes tingling and itching sensation in right side of head?
User rating for this question
For over a year, I've had a tingling, itching sensation on the right side of my head. It began about an inch and a half above the right ear and has slowly moved downward. It is now centered in the right ear area. Several times in the past month, I've felt pressure and a burning sensation. What could be causing it? Is it something that should be checked out by a Dr.?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Neuropathy Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help. Itching sensation but without scalp lesions(secretion, redness),skin pathologies as Seborrheic dermatitis or Eczema are unlikely. Pressure, tingling, and burn sensation are common symptoms of nerve irritation (neuropathic pain). Amitriptyline, Carbamazepine or Gabapentin are drugs widely used in the treatment of this condition. Please,go to your local doctor to confirm diagnosis and for prescription. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.
People also viewed
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- What causes tingling sensation of penis head
- Pain in the bladder area after delivery
- What causes tingling and numbness in right side of body
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- Symptoms 4 days after blastocyst transfer
- Heart problems associated with ativan
- Cold symptoms after bleach
- Im fat but i want to be a model im 14
- What causes tingling and numbing sensations in right armshoulder
- Instant death cause of food
- White blotches after bleaching mustache
- Is it bad to have a bruse with a white mark in the middle
- My scalp is seeping fluid after bleaching
- My ankle has been swollen and sore for a week