What causes tingling and burning sensation in upper thigh?

A few days ago, my upper front thigh developed a tingling, burning sensation... sensitive to the touch... and has continued to exist consistently. A couple of days later, the same sensation presented in the area of my left upper chest and underarm areas... without any submission. No further expansions of the same symptoms has come up so far. The areas are very localized and show NO evidence of surface skin issues... no rash, nor discoloration, etc. It feels like a chemical burn without the visual effects. What's going on?????
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that the burning sensation that is affecting different area seems to be radiculopathy that is some nerves supplying that dermatome are getting irritated . That is why you are not able to see any external manifestations . No diagnosis can be given to you at this moment as a full neurological examination will be required for this . You will need to see a neurologist for this early because only after establishment of cause treatment can be suggested . Take care. Dr. Shruti