Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes tightness on the foreskin of the penis?

Dear Sir, Iam 25 years old .I have been facing a problem with my foreskin on the penis.When it is erected am not able to pull it back completly only a bit i can pull and if try more i am getting afraid for the pain am now a days it is making me worry that if i get married and then if i have same problem during sex.m getting worried like if I am good for this a common problem? in mens....please do let me know ur valuable suggesstions
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 9 hours later
Brief Answer: You may need to undergo circumcision. Detailed Answer: Good Day and thank you for being with healthcare magic! Is there tightness in the foreskin? You may have a condition that we call phimosis. It is when there is tightness on the foreskin of the penis and the head of the penis is not able to be completely exposed or free from the prepuce. You also need to fully expose the glans penis to be able to clean it and avoid uti's and possibly penile cancer. The best way to do resolve your problem is to do a simple procedure of circumcision. If is fast, done as an outpatient and with minimal complications. Other methods would be putting in some steroid creams at the preputial skin 2x per day and slowly retracting it everyday until you're able to expose the head completely. You may need to see a Urologist so he will be able to do a proper examination on your penis and he may prescribe the necessary cream or what treatment is needed on your condition. Phimosis is uncommon but not rare on the uncircumcised male population roughy 5% incidence rate. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes. Regards, Manuel C. See IV, M.D. DPBU FPUA