What causes tightness in the top of my breast?

hi Dr for the last day or so I have been getting this on and off tightness/pain on the top of my right breast(about the spot they would put ekg lead) that I can feel almost in my back as well when it happens. this all started yesterday after I got out of a hot shower. and has happened 4-5 times throughout the day/night it kinda feels like a squeezing feeling I'm not sure if it's a pulled muscle or something possibly more serious(although it doesn't affect breathing and only lasts a couple minutes) any input u may have would be helpful thanks please answer or forward to appropriate specialist
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations. Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for sending the question. this is a very good question. I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations. What is important to determine is if this pain is something you can reproduce by pressing on that area with your hand. If this is the case it usually indicates a musculoskeletal issue such as inflammation of muscle or nerve or muscle spasm. as long as you do not have significant shortness of breath or coughing this is most likely the case. If however you experience any degree of shortness of breath or persistent respiratory symptoms then I would suggest you see your primary care doctor as soon as possible for a good physical examination. Sometimes a chest x-ray might be useful in this type of situation. Other considerations include inflammation of the gallbladder which can sometimes present like this. thank you for sending your question. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future. Dr. G