What causes tightness in chest?

Hello, I'm a 40 year old woman with a fairly recent history of ovarian cancer; i had a full hysterectomy as a result in XXXXXXX 2012, but am fully recovered. I did 6 rounds of Carboplatin Taxol. Ten days after surgery I had a suspected TIA but no further symptoms since. Tests came back normal, but the ER dr felt pretty sure this was a TIA. Just recently I have noticed a bit of tightness in my chest. My blood pressure was 120/87, then went down to 110/80 a few minutes later. Blood work showed everything was normal on CBC, urinalysis normal except my vitamin D was low. Also an EKG showed normal and a normal chest x-ray. I'm having a cosmetic procedure soon and I am worried about this chest feeling. Can you give me any advice? Could I be having an issue even if my EKG and blood pressure was normal? Also, I had a bubble test after the TIA and it came back normal too in 2012. Thank you in advance for any information you can give me. Oh, my last cholesterol was 133, the bad cholesterol in 2012.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Haseena Hamdani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be non-cardiac pain Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX According to Information given in your question, I am also convinced that after major Surgery in 2012, you had TIA. During major surgery, and due to inactivity during post operative period, there are chances that small blood clot or fat embolus can block or reduce the blood flow to any particular part of the brain. Complete work up has been done for you, and everything is normal. So it is unlikely that your chest pain was related to heart. There could be several other reason for chest pain, like you have a H/O Asthma, could be probable cause. it could be HYperacidity,or muscular pain etc. TIA is usually a warning sign, and once you had it, it may recur, specially if you are undergoing for any major surgery. You have not mentioned exactly about the need of cosmetic surgery. If surgery is really needed, you may discuss your previous H/O TIA , so your Doctor may suggest you to start some preventive Injections before surgery. You should also immediately start physical activity. You must make sure also that you avoid smoking, do regular exercises, do proper weight management, avoid hormonal medicines etc, and do regular annual check up for your Blood sugar, cholesterol, ECG, Homocysteine levels, etc. Hope this will be a useful answer to you. You have to be proactive and knowledgeable but do not live in fear. Enjoy Life. Dr Hamdani