What causes tightness around chest and indigestion when suffering from thyroid problem?

I am feeling tight around chest.. I am having indigestion and bloating... Whenever I stand up my heart pounds. I am having thyroid and high triglyceride. Is this a serious issue?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 28 hours later
Brief Answer: Please consult your doctor and get ECG done. Detailed Answer: Hello Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for the query. Feeling of tightness in the chest could happen due to a couple of reasons, such as 1. Inflammation of the esophagus. 2. Inflammation of the stomach. 3. Lung infections. 4. Ischemic heart disease or heart attack. Heart pounding whenever you stand upright is due to the fact that when you stand up from a sitting or laying down position, the blood pressure suddenly drops a little bit, when that happens, the heart doesn't get filled fully, and the heart has to work against gravity to pump enough blood into the head, so it contracts with more force, and you can feel that forceful contraction of heart muscles as the pounding. It is not very clear what you mean by "I am having thyroid", thyroid disorders are broadly classified into hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, that is producing more thyroid hormone and those producing less thyroid hormone. However, both these conditions can cause increased blood pressure and palpitations. High triglycerides means your diet is not proper, you are consuming more fatty foods, and you need to exercise daily and also reduce fat content in your food. My suggestions to you are. 1. Consult your doctor immediately and get yourself examined completely and you will also need to get some blood tests and ECG done to rule out any heart problem. 2. Reduce fat intake in your food, don't eat oily food and reduce meat consumption. 3. Once you get yourself examined, we will have better idea about why you are having the bloating and indigestion, once we know the reason, then your doctor should be able to prescribe you the medicines as required. Hope this answers your query, please write back to me if you need any clarifications. Wishing you good health. Regards.