What causes thickening of the bone behind the ear,night sweats and cracking on scalp?

ENT Specialist
I have had an MRI which shows thickening of the bone behind the ear. The ENT doctor has since examined me again and said that she does not see any infection or fluid but the ear is opaque. Hearing tests were all good. I have had low grade fevers like my immune system is trying to fight off something. When I breath in through my nose, that side ( the right side), feels semi-plugged. She was going to talk to the radiologist to see about a CT Scan. I am 60 years old. I also seem to be pulled over to the right side. In addition, I want to pop my ear or move my jaw to get rid of a tngly or crawly symptom that I am getting on the right side of my neck and skull. Also, I have extreme heating up and night sweats. What do you think? One more symptom that I have is a cracking on the scalp on the right side.
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 5 hours later
Brief Answer: get done CT scan of paranasal sinuses Detailed Answer: Hello, Thickening of the bone behind the ear could be because of previous infections or negative pressure but if now you do not have any problem then do not worry , and your hearing tests are also normal. You have nasal blockage and abnormal sensation on neck and skull that could be because of sinus problem , Getting a CT scan of nose and paranasal sinuses is required to rule out any abnormality. I would advice you to get some blood tests done like blood counts to see for any infection as you have fever. In doubt do reply