What causes thick vaginal discharge?

I had an episode of hemorrhoids. Soon after i started using medicine for my hemorrhoids i started to have vaginal discharge white and kinda thick and burning sensation when i pee sometimes. Could the medicine or hemorrhoids cause the later symptoms?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is vaginal + urinary tract infection. Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. Thick, white vaginal discharge and burning sensation while peeing is suggestive of vaginal + urinary infection, apparently contacted from the infected hemorrhoids. This is a common problem in females, as the anal, vaginal and urine pipe openings are very close to each other. Thick white (yogurt colored) discharge is suggestive of yeast infection. But a mixed (yeast + bacterial) infection occurs more commonly. Examination of vaginal discharge and urine will identify the causative organism(s). An appropriate treatment will cure the infection. Consult your doctor, who will order the required tests and prescribe specific treatment. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal