What causes the feeling of passing out?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I am having moments when I feel like I will pas out then after breathing in and out real fast it leaves. I have passed out one time for about five minutes.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Causes to feeling of passing out in a diabetic.... Detailed Answer: Hi, There are many problems associated with your symptoms. You should consult with a cardiologist as soon as possible and to run further tests including: - EKG - cardiac echo - holter monitoring - chest X-ray - abdominal ultrasound - complete blood profile - measuring blood sugar (fasting, HbA1C). As a diabetic, you should keep monitoring your blood sugar and record the results as oscillations in blood glucose might be also the cause (especially hypoglycemia). Hope it was of help! Dr.Bardha Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!