What causes the bridge of nose to look bruised each side of eyes?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
what causes the bridge of nose to look bruised each side of the eyes
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 15 minutes later

The dark patches below the eyes are due to the collection of blood in the layer below the skin (bruise). It shall take a few days, usually 5-7 days, for the blood to be absorbed and nothing needs to be done. In case of recent injury, ice packs are advised to reduce the accumulation of the blood.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.

In the interim, ice the affected area and take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.