Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes testicle pain when suffering from dengue infection?

General Surgeon
I had a dengue virus infection last year, and since i have been having a noticed that I have been having pains on my left testicle,the pain increase when i wear tight boxers, there is no pain when i urine or no discharge, but just weak testicles and pain which comes off and on.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: can be an ifcection, but a few tests needed Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your queries. Dengue virus usually does not affects the testis. So, its just a coincidence that it started after the dengue. One another possibility is, that when you had dengue, due to decreased immunity during that period, an infection might had set in there. As per your symptoms, it looks like a mild epididimoorchitis to me, or another rare possibility is tuberculosis or torsion of appendix of testis. Mostly the first one. But before, we reach to a diagnosis, a few tests will be needed to narrow down to a particular disease. If a patient with similar complaints comes to me, i usually ask him to get a urine routine and an ultrasound of the testis. So, i would suggest the same to you too. Till then all i can suggest you is to take analgesics during pain, and avoid clothes that cause pain. Hope that i have answered to all your queries. If you have any further queries, i would be glad to answer them. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma