What causes tenderness in left nostril?

ENT Specialist
Hi, I am female, age 37, 5'2" and the inside of my left nostril has been hurting on and off for a 2-3 weeks now. First there was a bump, now it's only tenderness and when I have used Triple antibiotic cream or neosporin it goes away but then it comes back. What could it be? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Take oral medicine Detailed Answer: Hello, It seems to be recurrent infection in nose. First and fore most is to avoid nose picking. The more you manipulate the bump with bare finger the higher the chances of complications and recurrence. Secondly if you are wearing any nose ring do remove it for the time being till the infection goes off. Third and most importantly is to get your blood sugars checked as, such recurrent infections are more common in diabetics. I usually prescribe oral antibiotics like Dicloxacillin for patients with recurrent flare ups. These recurrent infections are due to staphylococcus bacteria and dicloxacillin is a good drug for it and to be taken for it upto 10 days .I hope you are not allergic to penicillin group of drugs. Your ENT surgeon will know about this medicine. Hope this helps. Regards