What causes tenderness at the pelvic bone?
User rating for this question
Hi. I have a very tender area at the pelvic bone and just above it, on my right side. It's not a large area, but very tender. I had an ultrasound about a month ago and it didn't show anything. What could account for tenderness in that area? Thanks.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 21 days later
Brief Answer: Muscular pain. Detailed Answer: Hi The pain generally you describe is due to expansion of joints. Before I answer more details please let me know which part if pelvic bone is more painful. When and in which position you experience more pain. Eg. Sitting or standing or sleeping. Since when this started. I would be able to answer better only after reply to above query. Please let me know. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: What causes tenderness at the pelvic bone? 9 hours later
Hi. It has been a couple of months since I first noticed the pain. The pain is toward the crease in my leg and is very tender when I touch that area. It almost feel like the ligament in that area is irritated because it is painful when I press on it and the ligament moves. I also feels a slight pain to the right of my belly button, the pain is straight up and down so it is definitely not my appendix. Thanks. I forgot to add.... I can feel it at any point in the day/night. Sitting upright seems to be a bit worse, almost as though something is there putting pressure on the area, but as I said the ultrasound didn't show anything.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: sprained ligament Detailed Answer: Hi By your description it appears you have sprained a ligament accidentally. It heals by itself slowly. Please apply ice packs daily. Use local anti inflammatory gel and massage area. I suggest you take rest for a week if possible. Another question I wanted to ask was did you undergo any surgeries in past, any major accidents or injuries in past ? Are you pregnant now ?
People also viewed
- What could cause a swollen and painful pelvic bone
- L5 s1 disc prolapse and incontinence
- White stuff that comes out when pregnant
- White stuff coming out during pregnancy
- Large lump on front right groin lymph area
- Precautions to take when placenta comes down
- Ky jelly expiry date
- Small intestines coming through c section sutures
- What causes tenderness at the pelvic bone
- Laptops on your chest causing cancer
- What is the cause for pain in pelvic bone
- Pelvic bone cancer causes
- In pregnency time why gridiness is coming
- Pelvic bone injury causes
- Lactitol in pregnancy