What causes tender swelling in the perianal area?

Hello doctor i got like a tiny hole above my anus and blood is coming out of it.. It all started 3days ago with pain when i sat down and i felt like a lump above the hole aswel. I guess yesterday i might have popped it and blood started to come out. I am a 22 years old guy.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Answered Detailed Answer: Hi Tender swelling in the perianal area could be - 1) Outer opening of a fistula - This usually occurs because of a localised infection of anal glands 2) A Pilonidal sinus - This is because of an infected blocked sweat gland 3) Simple furuncle Some simple measures like taking sitz bath, improving the hygiene of the perianal area and keeping the stools soft with fibre supplements for some time takes care of the problem. Using a donut pillow may help with the pain till the healing occurs. However if it persists or causes more problems see a surgeon to help you further Regards Dr XXXXXXX KS