What causes tender swelling in the perianal area?
User rating for this question
Hello doctor i got like a tiny hole above my anus and blood is coming out of it.. It all started 3days ago with pain when i sat down and i felt like a lump above the hole aswel. I guess yesterday i might have popped it and blood started to come out. I am a 22 years old guy.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Answered Detailed Answer: Hi Tender swelling in the perianal area could be - 1) Outer opening of a fistula - This usually occurs because of a localised infection of anal glands 2) A Pilonidal sinus - This is because of an infected blocked sweat gland 3) Simple furuncle Some simple measures like taking sitz bath, improving the hygiene of the perianal area and keeping the stools soft with fibre supplements for some time takes care of the problem. Using a donut pillow may help with the pain till the healing occurs. However if it persists or causes more problems see a surgeon to help you further Regards Dr XXXXXXX KS
People also viewed
- What is the suggested medication for narrowed food pipe
- Brown spotting and headaches
- What causes severe flatulence and what is the treatment
- A half brown toe nail
- Perianal diseases causes
- Perianal cysts what causes the symptoms of
- What causes upper stomach aches which settles after taking nexium
- What causes burning sensation in stomach after giving up alcohol
- Brown spots on hand pregnancy
- What is the treatment for upset stomach
- Conditions that cause perianal cysts
- Priapism cause perianal pain?
- What causes tender swelling in the perianal area
- Skin brown spots on groin
- Groin rash painless brown raised spots