What causes tender nipples post hetroscopic surgery and D&C to remove polyps?

I had a hetroscopic surgery on December 23rd and a D&C to remove polyps. today my nipples are real tender not the areola just the nipples. what could be causing this? Is this normal? I am no longer bleeding and only mild cramps every now and then
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: You had a "hysteroscopic" surgery to remove uterine polyps. This has no effect on your hormones or your cycle. The tenderness of the nipple / areola is likely co-incidental to the surgery. This should be addressed as a separate issue: 1. Pregnancy test if this is a risk 2. A breast exam by your primary doctor I hope that this helps and good luck! Please ask if you have additional questions.