What causes swollen parotid glands and swollen node in neck causing pain and fatigue?

General Surgeon
d. also some night sweats from chest up I have swollen parotid glands and swollen node in neck,also back of head at base of scalp hurts bad.i have swelling above collar bone btween shoulder and conjunctivitis and some blurred vision.swollen node been since XXXXXXX and other developed a couple months ago. very tired and get feeling real bad some days. had ct scan said lump in neck was there but didn't know what it was
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: FNAC and complete blood count required Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Bilateral or both side parotid gland enlargement could be due to chronic alcohol intake. If there has been no alcohol intake, neck nodes have been present for quite few months and are not decreasing in size, it will require further assessment. I would suggest you to get the following investigation 1. Complete Blood count including Peripheral smear examination 2. Fine needle aspiration cytology of the most prominent node. Above tests will help in diagnoses of Etiology I would suggest you to consult a Surgeon and you could plan the line of manangement. In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Wishing you happy and healthy life Take Care Best Regards Dr Deepak K K MBBS,MS,MCH