What causes swollen glands, rising BP, pressure in my eyes and head?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I have been suffering with swollen glands, rising blood pressure, pressure in my eyes and head. My head is foggy and I am experiencing dizziness and my peripheral vision is diminished. There is pain in my ears and eyes and these symptoms have been getting worse for four months. I am thirty three years old and up till now I have been healthy.
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Advised to run further diagnostic tests... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and feel sorry for the situation you are in. I am also happy to know that your have been healthy up till now. I will try to assist you further and find out the causes to your current problems. The symptoms you are experiencing are indicative for possible ENT infection (throat, ear). Therefore, I highly suggest to - get physically evaluated by ENT specialist - get your eyes checked by ophthalmologist - monitor your blood pressure/sugar levels - run tests for CMV - do run Ct-scan of the head - do EKG and cardiac echo Depending on the test results, specific treatments will be prescribed. To my judgment, you need an immediate treatment with antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs. For the time being, I can only advise to: - drink more water - keep a good oral hygiene - when trying to clean the outside part of ear, do not get deeper in the ear with the ear cotton buns - take otc painkillers to relieve pain Hope it was of help! Dr.Bardha
Follow-up: What causes swollen glands, rising BP, pressure in my eyes and head? 24 hours later
Thank you. I have an appointment to establish a primary care physician comimg up in a week or so. I hope that he can shed some light on what's wrong with me but if not I imagine he can give me some kind of referral. It's to the point where it's seriously causing problems in my life!
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 23 hours later
Brief Answer: No serious problem,but should make right diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. Although your symptoms might seem to be "serious", they are not. To my judgement (from the distance), it might be related to upper respiratory tract infection (common viral infection). However, the tests I recommended would exclude other problems (especially when it comes to inner ear and eyes). You are too young to think over serious problems! Once you talk to your physician, you will get your problems resolved. You can still forward the test findings or other reports to me to assist you further! All the best my dear! Dr.Bardha