What causes swollen bumps on the skin of my clit?

Question
So I have a bump and it's swollen on the skin of my clit. I know I have cysts and I'm one metformin. I forgot to take it Sunday night and Monday morning. And I hurts if I move or press it and I don't know what it is?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: Thank you for the question. I have a few questions first: 1. What is the exact size of the bump? 2. Does the bump hurt when you are not pressing on it? 3. Are you sexually active? 4. When did this bump appear? Thank you.

Follow-up: What causes swollen bumps on the skin of my clit? 1 minute later
Its pea size and yes some times and it appeared sunday night

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thank you, sorry about the wait... Detailed Answer: First of all, when we see patients with herpes, the outbreak looks like a blister and is very painful. So just to get this out of the way, this does not sound like herpes! Also, it does not fit the profile of any other STD's that we see commonly, such as genital warts. So what I think that this is is an inclusion cyst. What I mean by this is as follows. The non-hair bearing skin around the vagina is rich with glands. Sometimes these glands can become blocked and for a "lump" just like you describe. They will resolve slowly over time on their own, and sometimes they will actually drain to the surface. The fastest way to have this resolve would be to apply warm compresses twice daily. If the bump is not resolving over the next week, then it would be recommended that you go into an OB/GYN and have them perform an exam. I hope that this helps - please let me know if you have additional questions.