What causes swollen ankles,knees and red rash in palms of hands?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Today developed swollen ankles, knees, and hot red rash in palms of hands. I am a 19 year old female. What could this be ?I just took 2 Benadryl. Should I see a doctor now? Tomorrow ?
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kndly send in the requested info and photos... Detailed Answer: Hi, Besides taking benadryl, have you taken any other drug before the swelling? Could you please send a photo of your hands with rash and your swollen ankle? The swollen ankle could be because of: - heart problems - kidney problems - rheumatoid arthritis - sitting for too long With regards to red rash in palms of hands, I'd need to ask: - what kind of job you do? - are you dealing with new laundry detergent or cosmetic product? - have you taken any pill (drug or supplement) Looking forward to have your kind answers and requested photos to assist you further! Dr.Bardha