What causes swollen and fluid filled elbows?

my elbow is swollen and feels like it is filled with fluid. I have been working out recently and some said it may be a ruptured bursa
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for submitting your question. In light of your increased physical activity, the swelling you are experiencing quite possibly represents local inflammation in the joint, specially if you did not suffer any local trauma or injury to the elbow.. The swelling can be reduced with decreased use of the joint, ice, rest, and elevation. if this does not improve the symptoms within a week or so, or if you experiencing worsening symptoms or any ew symptoms (numbness/tingling, cold to touch) in that hand/arm, please see a physician for a physical examination & evaluation. Again, thank you for submitting your question. Sincerely, Dr. G