What causes swelling,hallucinations and joint pain after an MRI?

WHY do I have swelling, hallusionasions,all over joint pain from the 2 MRI i had in 2 days.(one pelvic / abodomin. and one brain mri. allergis?? no sleep,jumpy, and very upset.. I did it because i am having pain in all the areas.Heard Iodine can be very allergic.(itching too) Thanks
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: MRI does not cause allergies commonly Detailed Answer: Hi, MRI is relatively safer investigation. Was it a contrast that was injected in the vein. If yes the contrast is known to cause allergy in some individuals. However it is nothing to worry. Very soon the affects wane off. I suggest you to relax at this time. Investigations are a stress to a person physically and mentally. So there can be such stress that is added to the allergic reaction causing hallucinations. All of these should subside in 48 to 72 hours. If not please seek help from the local doctor/treating physician.