What causes swelling on the left upper throat?
User rating for this question
I have minor swelling on the left upper throat almost near to neck. What could be reason.
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: more details please Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX I need more details to get a proper idea. 1) Exact location of the swelling. You can describe in relation to the tonsil. 2) Any other symptoms like pain, difficulty swallowing. 3) If you can upload a photograph, it will be great. Regards, Dr Rajkishori Godhi.
Follow-up: What causes swelling on the left upper throat? 3 minutes later
Its very minor. No difficulty and no pain. Location is upper left throat near to neck.
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: lymph node Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX If it is located on the outside and you can feel it then it is possibly a lymph node. Lymph nodes in the neck are frequently enlraged in response to infections. Upper respiratory tract infections, caries teeth, sores in the mouth, nose and sinus infections are some of the common causes. If you seem to have any of these infections then see a doctor to clear the infection. Do not worry, sometimes inspite of the best efforts the source of infection cannot be determined. Keep a watch on the swelling, consult a doctor if it increases in size. A photograph pointing the location would have helped, Regards, Dr Rajkishori Godhi.
Follow-up: What causes swelling on the left upper throat? 2 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: get well soon
People also viewed
- Mild chronic inactive gastritis
- What is the cause of swelling near the throat
- Little boy penis photos
- Is sore throat a side effect of griseofulvin?
- Is sore throat a side effect of cyclosporine?
- Hcg causes throat to swell
- Is weight gain a side effect of gemifloxacin?
- What causes swelling and soreness in throat
- Is sore throat a side effect of escitalopram?
- What causes swelling on the left upper throat
- What causes throbbing pain and swelling in throat
- Blood blister on nose
- Is redness of skin a side effect of ciprodex?
- Tiny blisters on penis
- Blister on soft palate