What causes swelling on cheek bones with red dry skin?

Hello, for the past week I have had visible swelling on the top of my cheek bones, which leads to very red dry skin. I did take an anti inflammatory tablet that was prescribed for something else which helped, but it has come back the next day. It also leaves my skin sore meaning I can't wear make up because it makes it worse. This never used to happen until I had sinusitis last year and it seems to come every time I have a mild cold. Also my hearing doesn't work as well, intermittently when I have a cold. I have been told that this is to do with fluid build up. What I would like to know is whether this and the other problem can be corrected or fixed as both are aggravating when I have them.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: photograph required Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Probably you have developed rosacea. It is an inflammatory condition of face. This can be connected with intermittent blockage of you ears as both are related to allergic response of body. Can you please upload a picture of your face showing the lesion. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. There is an option to upload photos at right side of query page. Please utilize that. Waiting for your response. Thank you