What causes swelling in right jaw when suffering from bronchitis?

On XXXXXXX 3, my husband began the generic zithromax z pack and a 6 day course of prednisone in a pack. He was given these due to having bronchitis. He also has COPD and for approx. 3 months has used a nebulizer, alternating (ipratropium bromide/albuterol combination) with albuterol (all from vials) every 4 hours. He takes advair twice daily. Yesterday he began a swelling in the area of his right jaw. Today he became very flush in his face and it appears that his left jaw is beginning to swell also. What do you think is going on? Just wanted to say that other than the COPD and broken ribs, my husband is very healthy. He has no other conditions. He also has taken very little medicine in his life. This is the first time he has been on so much.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Meet a dental surgeon at an earliest Detailed Answer: Thanks for your query. Azithromycin (Z pack) is a very commonly prescribed antibiotics and I don't think will lead to swelling of the jaw unless there is allergy to the drug. I think its a symptom of jaw cellulitis, better meet a dental surgeon/ general surgeon at an earliest.. Best wishes
Follow-up: What causes swelling in right jaw when suffering from bronchitis? 1 hour later
Thank you so much for your help. We will take your advise.
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks... Detailed Answer: Thanks....