What causes swelling in my left foot?
User rating for this question
I am finding swelling in my left foot, I am diabetic and did some walking yesterday and today wearing sandals and socks. what is happening?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Further may proceed towards cellulitis. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case history. As per your history of diabetes and treatment with insulin guides that symptoms may be related to diabetic foot. In chronic diabetes there is occlusion of blood vessels supplying tissues of foot. Early symptoms may be swelling and further proceeding towards cellulitis. So I will advise you to consult doctor and get clinical examination done. He may further advise investigation like blood test and arterial colour Doppler or foot perfusion scan. Till time for these symptoms anti-inflammatory and enzyme which reduce swelling like Trypsin can be started. Take medication and apply crepe bandage over foot and ankle or use supportive splint and give rest to foot and leg. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- What causes swelling in my left foot
- Brittle bone with normal bone density
- Isopropyl pregnant
- Sitting stress test shows mild ischemia
- Blunt force trauma on a toe
- What causes water retention in body causing swelling
- Itching on old iv site
- What causes swelling in foot
- It looks like sunburn but isnt
- Issues when treating sociopathic
- Unexplained itch on shoulder blade
- What causes left foot to be cold
- Piercing pain in shoulder blade
- What causes painful swelling in left foot
- Throbbing shoulder blades