What causes swelling in meatus after masturbation?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2016
Feb 2016

General Surgeon
Question
2 days back.i saw that after masturbation..my meatus is a bit swollen..The swelling decreases after some time..its like a puff no pain ..or urinary problems...its.just just that sometimes it swell and then again comes back to normal...i have never had any sexual encounter....is it that i have overstretched my frenulum during the course of masturbation.
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: No stretching of frenulum Detailed Answer: Hi. It is good to know that you have no sexual exposure till now. It is very common for the meatus to get swollen after masturbation. Penis is an organ which is erected due to engorgement of blood. A harsh act does cause this puffy swelling. It is good that it settles on its own , and do not need any attention. May be you need to adjust a bit avoiding friction over the glans and meatus. Frenulum is the the fold of skin on the under-surface connecting the glans and the skin. It can tear and has no direct relation with the meatus in a person with normal anatomy. So I do not think you have overstretched the frenulum. Use a good lubrication like Skin/hair oil or KY Jelly.

Follow-up: What causes swelling in meatus after masturbation? 11 minutes later
But it subsides by itself and then again comes up..what can i do about it..there is no pain or irritation during urination..nor is it red...but still it is a concerning me

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry for the normal changes. Detailed Answer: Hi. As I already mentioned , penis is composed of a different system of engorgement. If you have no other symptoms and the subsides on its own, just relax. There is nothing to worry about. There is nothing you can/ should do about it.

Follow-up: What causes swelling in meatus after masturbation? 14 hours later
Another observation i would like to tell..its like a bit morr puffed up in the morning..thrn it gradually decreases by evening...i have not masturbated since that day..should it not go away..or do i have to live with this..

Brief Answer: you can post actual photographs here Detailed Answer: Hi. I can understand your worry and being passionate about it. IF YOU STILL HAVE DOUBTS you can post actual photographs in both the positions (puffed up and not puffed up ) so that I can guide you more. If the puffiness goes away by evening and you have no other problems , no pain , no itching , no urinary problems - you may have to live with it. How many times do you observe this in 24 hours ?

Follow-up: What causes swelling in meatus after masturbation? 24 minutes later
I have sent u a pic sir..please do respond...its when puffed up...then it subsides by evening....it may have happened to me may be always..but i never noticed until 3 days back..i do wash my glans with XXXXXXX warm water everyday when i take a bath...

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: did not receive the picture Detailed Answer: Hello, I do not see any uploaded pictures here. Please do re-send them. You have a feature to upload the image by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it. Alternatively, mail me the pictures at YYYY@YYYY with subject line as "Attention to Dr. Chandrakant T". Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: What causes swelling in meatus after masturbation? 38 minutes later
Sir i have sent you the mail...will be waiting for your reply

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seen the photos Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for sending the photos. I do not think this is something to worry about. This is just a reaction to harsh rubbing or so. As I told you This also is a part of penis which is engorged / distended as a normal process. This should settle with time. Do not be harsh during masturbation, use proper lubrication. This is NOT a disease. So relax.

Follow-up: What causes swelling in meatus after masturbation? 6 minutes later
Thank you very much for your time sir..

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Most welcome. Detailed Answer: HI. Most welcome.