What causes swelling in legs with lower abdominal pain?

General Surgeon
sweling foot lower legs both sides and build up of thick fluids and lower stomac pains left and right sides lower when I wake up in the morning it is almost gone
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thank you for the query. Lower abdominal pain is usually caused by urinary tract infection. Especially if you also have frequent urinating, burning while urinating. Legs swelling can be caused by many different reasons including chronic kidneys disease, heart problems, leg veins problem, liver insuficiency. I suggest you to visit a doctor. Abdominal ultrasound, blood work, liver tests, urine analysis and heart ECG. In case of proteine in urine, you should consult nephrologist. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards