What causes swelling and tenderness in right hand?

Hi, all of a sudden, out of nowhere there's swelling on top of my hand right where the vein is and it's all blue. It's tender when I touch it. I did not injure myself. Could this be dangerous? I do have a blood clotting disorder, factor Leiden V. I'm just wondering if it's ok to see a dr. tomorrow, I took 2 nyquil before and am in no state to drive:( Thank you so much. I do not take any bloodthinners
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Looks like venous thrombosis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX This looks like venous thrombosis.Such thrombosis can spread rapidly. So it would be better to see doctor sooner.I generally get a Doppler done to confirm the diagnosis. Till you see the doctor you can apply thrombophobe gel to this. Don't not massage it. Distal embolus arising from such venous thrombosis is main concern. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Follow-up: What causes swelling and tenderness in right hand? 9 hours later
Thank you, Dr. XXXXXXX I'll see my hematologist today.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 5 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Thank you