What causes swelling and tenderness in right hand?
User rating for this question
Hi, all of a sudden, out of nowhere there's swelling on top of my hand right where the vein is and it's all blue. It's tender when I touch it. I did not injure myself. Could this be dangerous? I do have a blood clotting disorder, factor Leiden V. I'm just wondering if it's ok to see a dr. tomorrow, I took 2 nyquil before and am in no state to drive:( Thank you so much. I do not take any bloodthinners
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Looks like venous thrombosis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX This looks like venous thrombosis.Such thrombosis can spread rapidly. So it would be better to see doctor sooner.I generally get a Doppler done to confirm the diagnosis. Till you see the doctor you can apply thrombophobe gel to this. Don't not massage it. Distal embolus arising from such venous thrombosis is main concern. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Follow-up: What causes swelling and tenderness in right hand? 9 hours later
Thank you, Dr. XXXXXXX I'll see my hematologist today.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 5 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Thank you
People also viewed
- What causes swelling in hands with loss of strength
- Is rapid, shallow breathing a side effect of arava?
- 37 weeks pregnant 200 bpm
- What food allergies cause hand swelling
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of eliquis?
- Dizziness after using susten 200
- What causes numbness in right hand
- No pre period pains after endogest 200
- Is red, irritated eyes a side effect of amlodipine?
- How to take misoprost 200 after mifegest
- Childrens folic acid medication 200 microgram tablets
- What causes swelling and tenderness in right hand
- Is bloody or cloudy urine a side effect of crestor?
- Is unexplained weight loss a side effect of cortef?
- What causes hand swelling or tightness