What causes swelling and pain on ankle bone along with pain in hip bone?

I have had some swelling and pain on (what feels like) the top part of my right ankle bone for two weeks. During the two weeks, the swelling has abated but the pain is about the same. This am, I awoke with something similar related to my right hip bone.I am very very active. Busy work life and volunteer life as well. Involved with a new puppy too.
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your medical history and understood your concerns. The cause of your hip swelling could be related to: - trauma due to overuse of the joint while doing your daily activities - arthritis if trauma is absent I'd suggest to: - monitor your blood pressure, heart rate and blood sugar - do urine analysis to exclude kidney problems - do an ECG and cardiac Echo to exclude cardiac problems If you notice any bruising locally or the swelling won't go in a couple of days, a consult with your physician and physical examination is needed for further evaluation. All the best! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! If you are still having a swollen leg, I'd gently ask to send in a photo of it to further assist you! Dr.Alba
Follow-up: What causes swelling and pain on ankle bone along with pain in hip bone? 2 hours later
Dear Dr Alba; Thank you for your answer. Would you please do me a favor? I did not know in paying for one consult with you, that the site signed me up for a monthly fee. I have requested 5 times to be removed and I have no response. The site also will not unsubscribe me, saying the feature does not work. Would you please do what is necessary to remove me from this subscription? Such a practice is not respectful of the good work that you do. I imagine you can understand my upset regarding what Healthcare Magic did. Thank you. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Please report this under the "Report a Problem"... Detailed Answer: Hi dear S.Weingaretn, Please report this issue at the "Report a Problem". The experts will take care of it. I will report it too. Thank you for following. Wish you all the best! Dr.Alba