What causes swelling and numbness in feet?

Nov 2013

I have been passed around from DR to DR. I got stuck in the Medicaid system poor care, can't see specialist, I have seen two Nurologists, with no help. My feet have swelled so big I can't get shoes on painful, numb, I don't have dibetis, sorry spelling, was in major car accident top of my hed was almost taken off, My IQ isn't what it was I am slower at processing I can barely walk, I guess I have Nureopathy, but no one helps. The pain ans swelling is so bad now, not sure what to do. where do I go, I now have Blue Cross I sold my car to by Insurance,
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your symptoms and I agree with you that the most likely diagnosis in your case is peripheral neuropathy. It is unfortunate that you did not get help from two neurologists and you also do not have medical insurance at present. Nerve conduction studies (NCS/EMG) could be done to confirm the diagnosis of neuropathy. We also need to find out the cause of neuropathy, as you do not have diabetes. For this, we need to do blood tests for- vitamin B12 level, thyroid, serum electrophoresis, ANA profile, etc. In some cases, a nerve biopsy may also be required. As of now, you can take pregabalin capsules and vitamin B12 supplements for relief of symptoms. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog: